Welcome to The Chamber of Mines of Zimbabwe
The Chamber of Mines of Zimbabwe (COMZ) is a private sector voluntary organization established in 1939 by an Act of Parliament. The members include mining companies, suppliers of machinery, spare parts, and chemicals, service providers including banks, insurance companies, consulting engineers, and various mining related professional bodies and individuals. The mining company members of the COMZ produce about 90 percent of Zimbabwe’s total mineral output.
Many advisory and service functions that are best handled on a collaborative basis are undertaken under the COMZ banner on behalf of the mining industry.
Thus, the Chamber’s activities mainly focus on:
- Advocacy and representation
- Mineral economics and policy research
- Mining data management
- Mining sector public relations
- Creating networking opportunities for stakeholders
- Labour relations management
- Provision of a variety of services aimed at promoting safety, health, and environmental management/protection in the mining sector and surrounding communities
- Co-ordination of activities of mining associations